Re: Common Mode Choke

Chuck Dietz

I use chokes at both ends. I think it made it quieter, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking. I know it didn’t hurt anything. Mine has been working better than ever since I rebuilt it and moved it a couple of feet higher. Unfortunately, I just got a break somewhere in the line, so I guess I’ll be burying the next feed line. I have used direct burial cable from Phat Satellite. It seems good and the price is right.

Chuck W5PR

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 4:27 PM RIchard Thorne <rthorne@...> wrote:
Thanks for the link John,

Where did you install the choke at the antenna feed point or the shack
entrance, or both?

I found a better spot on my lot for the SAL-30.  Last year it was close
to my steel building / shack.  It performed great on 80m but so-so on
160.  I'm hoping the new location will improve things, not that I have
many options.

I plan on doing a more permanent install like you and John, AC4CA did.

Rich - N5ZC

Join main@sharedapexloop.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.