From: sharedapexloop@groups.io <sharedapexloop@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 5:11 PM
To: sharedapexloop@groups.io
Subject: [sharedapexloop] Shared Apex Loop over rocky ground

My property is extremely rocky. I have tried other loop receive antennas with poor success.
Has anyone experience using a Shared Apex Loop over Rocky ground?

Jay

Mel the SAL is ground independent, so that's a very good thing in your case.   There are SALs on top of buildings (Kabul for instance) and in the Rocky mountains.  It will work fine. What it doesn't like is being near a tower or transmit antenna as it will couple to verticals.
Jay, WX0B

Jay Terleski
Array Solutions
214 954 7140

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 5:11 PM Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA <teammel@...> wrote:
My property is extremely rocky. I have tried other loop receive antennas with poor success.
Has anyone experience using a Shared Apex Loop over Rocky ground?

Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA