Is a shared apex loop much better than a K9AY?

maraudermarv <mhaagsma@...>

I have a K9AY in my suburban backyard, and I can't squeeze in a shared apex loop without removing it.
Can anyone tell me if a Shared Apex Loop will be substantially better than a K9AY (which I like!) ?

Craig Clark

I would opine if you like what you have and it is meeting your needs, stick with the K9AY.

There is no magic antenna. That said, having options for RX helps. K3LR stated you can never have enough RX antennas.

I loved my Beverages but I have 25 acres to play with. However, the maintenance of the Beverages from storm, Moose, Deer and human damage took a lot of time. I went to the Hi-Z four square about five years ago and have never looked back.

Good luck

Craig

Craig Clark K1QX

PO Box 209